I have been learning a lot lately. No, I have not returned to school or taken a few courses through Planetizen. Instead, I have simply […]
Links to News & Ops
- Metro staff support a $6-billion widening of the 710 Freeway - LA TimesFebruary 17, 2018 10:29 am
- So you think the Southwest's hot & dry winter is balanced out by the rest of the country's cold winter?February 8, 2018 11:00 am
- Ridership on Metro fell to the lowest level in more than a decade last year - LA TimesJanuary 30, 2018 4:06 pm
- Why Doesn't It Snow in L.A. Anymore? - KCETJanuary 30, 2018 7:16 am
News & Viewsfrom UrbDeZine Panelists.
1. I wear a blue County jacket and dark pants, denim or Dickies, when I’m out doing zoning enforcement inspections. This isn’t a regulation uniform. I don’t have to wear it. I’m an urban planner, not a cop.
Can you believe that it is almost the middle of December already? Well, it is that time of the year again when many of us think about giving and receiving presents. I previously shared some ideas on the perfect gifts for planners, architects, landscape architects, and other related professionals in 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 which have turned […]
With Thanksgiving and the holiday season fast approaching, this is perhaps a good time to look ahead to 2018. Specifically, I would like to talk about some events that planners, architects, and landscape architects can look forward to in the new year.
What is a scholar-practitioner in urban planning? And what does it take to become one? Essentially, scholar-practitioners bridge the gap between academia and the real world, combining scholarly research with practical application of theories and knowledge to solve complex problems in our profession.